Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troubleshooting thermostat?

Need some tips. Last year we had a new trane central ac installed. It's
worked great until today. Warmed up so I flipped on the A/C and while the
compressor outside comes on the fan never kicks on inside. The furnace works
fine if you flip it to heat. After the A/C was installed I put in a new
Hunter 44110 thermostat myself. I'm guessing it's probably the thermostat.
Is there an easy way to check this or should I just get a new thermostat and
see if that fixes the problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

OK, Round 2, The G wire is properly connected. I reset the thermostat and
if I switch the fan to "On" the fan will come on, but not the compressor
outside. If I switch to "Auto" it the blower shuts off and the compressor
will come on. This is in override mode. The factory program looks really
weird, Its set to switch on and off every 2 hours.
KMGuy wrote:
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

Need some tips. Last year we had a new trane central ac installed. It's
worked great until today. Warmed up so I flipped on the A/C and while the

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]