Posted to alt.home.repair

Default From the washer to the dryer

Well, now the dryer is causing problems. The dryer does not seem to
shut off. I think it is the timer. The dryer doesn't turn off either
in timed mode or dryness setting mode but if you turn the dryer to
off, or open the door it does turn off. Any suggestions?
mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Mar 2007 08:28:30 -0700, "Mark S" wrote:

Well, now the dryer is causing problems. The dryer does not seem to
shut off. I think it is the timer. The dryer doesn't turn off either
in timed mode or dryness setting mode but if you turn the dryer to
off, or open the door it does turn off. Any suggestions?
mark

Is it still heating? The problem with my dryer was similar but
wouldn't heat.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, it heats and dry's fine, just doesn't shut off. It's making the
little misses a little angry. Not to mention the price of propane
these days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark has a point. The timer advances via a little motor. Some timer
motors complete their circuit through the element, so if you have no
heat either, you might replace the element and your timer will start
advancing again. If you have heat but the timer is not advancing,
then you will need to check for a voltage drop across the timer motor
contacts. If you get 120, and if the timer is not advancing, then
replace the timer. If you don't get 120 across the timer motor, then
give us an update and I will give you some more ideas.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 24, 10:28 am, "Mark S" wrote:
Well, now the dryer is causing problems. The dryer does not seem to
shut off. I think it is the timer. The dryer doesn't turn off either
in timed mode or dryness setting mode but if you turn the dryer to
off, or open the door it does turn off. Any suggestions?
mark

Have you asked repairclinic.com or one of the other expert sources?
They will help with diagnostics and also parts to get you up and
running quickly.

HTH

Joe.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 24 Mar 2007 08:28:30 -0700, "Mark S" wrote:

Well, now the dryer is causing problems. The dryer does not seem to
shut off. I think it is the timer.

When everything was working fine, could you see the timer advancing,
the knob turning perhaps? If so, is it turning now? Does it get all
the way to the end?

The dryer doesn't turn off either
in timed mode or dryness setting mode

Doesn't that tend to exclude the timer?

but if you turn the dryer to
off, or open the door it does turn off. Any suggestions?
mark

Get a kitchen timer and use that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

When everything was working fine, could you see the timer advancing,
the knob turning perhaps? If so, is it turning now? Does it get all
the way to the end?

No the timer knob does not seep to be moving.

The dryer doesn't turn off either
in timed mode or dryness setting mode

Doesn't that tend to exclude the timer?

Huh?

but if you turn the dryer to
off, or open the door it does turn off. Any suggestions?
mark

Get a kitchen timer and use that?

I don't think so....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Update....
I took off the head and checked the voltage across the timer. There
is a 2-3 volt drop between runnun/not running. While I had it away
from the wall I stuck the ol' shop vac up the dryers business end and
up the exhaust vent. After I looked in the shop vac and found a
rather large clump of lint. Started the dryer and the timer DID work
on a timed cycle. So we will have to run a load or two to see what
happens.
Thanks for you ideas.
Mark