Posted to alt.home.repair
TC TC is offline

Default Pressure washer pump repair

Generac Model: 1536-1
2100 PSI

The pump pressure is not consistent. A new pump is around $180 (Ouch! I
can almost buy a new washer for that.). Are there any schematics for
repairing? Experience with this pump?

Posted to alt.home.repair

You can buy a seal kit and fix it from there. Otherwise that type of
pump is not easy
to replace (even with another brand) I'd spend the 10-20 bucks and
try rebuilding it.
If it doesnt work out, sell the motor and frame on craigslist for a
few bucks and buy
a better brand. (something with a name brand pump like cat or giant.)

Most people also forget to put a special type of antifreeze in the
pumps in the
winter. A couple of cold nights and that sucker freezes. Then
you've got problems....

On Mar 21, 2:09 pm, "TC" wrote:
Generac Model: 1536-1
2100 PSI

The pump pressure is not consistent. A new pump is around $180 (Ouch! I
can almost buy a new washer for that.). Are there any schematics for
repairing? Experience with this pump?

Posted to alt.home.repair

TC wrote:
Generac Model: 1536-1
2100 PSI

The pump pressure is not consistent. A new pump is around $180 (Ouch! I
can almost buy a new washer for that.). Are there any schematics for
repairing? Experience with this pump?

Toss it. My Generic 2200 kept blowing pump gaskets. Finally, the pump
failed completely. I checked at a Generac authorized service center and
they wanted $250 to replace the pump. Apparently no one knows how to
repair anything anymore.
You can buy a new washer for that price. I replaced the Generac with a
Toro 1550 electric washer for $170. at HD. It's powerful enough for what
I need a power washer for.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21 Mar 2007 18:09:54 GMT, "TC" wrote:

Generac Model: 1536-1
2100 PSI

The pump pressure is not consistent. A new pump is around $180 (Ouch! I
can almost buy a new washer for that.). Are there any schematics for
repairing? Experience with this pump?

Call 1-888-GENERAC See if they sell rebuild kits

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I have no experience with Generac pumps but I have a Craftsmen with a
Honda Engine that had a pump failure. When Sears wanted $225.00 for a

Posted to alt.home.repair
TC TC is offline

Eric9822 wrote:

On Mar 21, 11:09 am, "TC" wrote:
Generac Model: 1536-1
2100 PSI

The pump pressure is not consistent. A new pump is around $180
(Ouch! I can almost buy a new washer for that.). Are there any
schematics for repairing? Experience with this pump?

--

I have no experience with Generac pumps but I have a Craftsmen with a
Honda Engine that had a pump failure. When Sears wanted $225.00 for a
replacement I looked on eBay and found a new suitable non-Craftsmen
replacement for $60.00 All you need to know is the shaft size and
hole pattern for mounting purposes.

I plan to order a rebuild kit and see if it can be fixed. If not, I'll
look at this option.

Anyone know if there should be some way to releive the pump pressure
when the handle is not depressed? Or doesn't it matter? I don't want to
blow any seals.