Posted to alt.home.repair
TC TC is offline

Default Pressure washer pump repair

wrote:

You can buy a seal kit and fix it from there. Otherwise that type of
pump is not easy
to replace (even with another brand) I'd spend the 10-20 bucks and
try rebuilding it.
If it doesnt work out, sell the motor and frame on craigslist for a
few bucks and buy
a better brand. (something with a name brand pump like cat or giant.)

Most people also forget to put a special type of antifreeze in the
pumps in the
winter. A couple of cold nights and that sucker freezes. Then
you've got problems....

On Mar 21, 2:09 pm, "TC" wrote:
Generac Model: 1536-1
2100 PSI

The pump pressure is not consistent. A new pump is around $180
(Ouch! I can almost buy a new washer for that.). Are there any
schematics for repairing? Experience with this pump?

--

Freezing isn't really an issue here in central FL. I would love to fix
the pump myself, but have not been able to find a pump diagram.