Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,alt.home.repair

Default Heads up- Heath-Zenith

After purchasing my second Heath-Zenith motion sensor driveway light
at Home Depot (1st one failed in 2 days-2nd one failed in 60 days) I
tried to contact Heath-Zenith for support. Their website is now
unreachable. After searching blogs, It seems this is a widespread
problem. It is also the only brand carried by Home Depot.

As is becoming the norm, it appears that Heath-Zenith will take the
money and run. Too bad. They were both great companies at one time.
Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,alt.home.repair

Al Dente wrote:
After purchasing my second Heath-Zenith motion sensor driveway light
at Home Depot (1st one failed in 2 days-2nd one failed in 60 days) I
tried to contact Heath-Zenith for support. Their website is now
unreachable. After searching blogs, It seems this is a widespread
problem. It is also the only brand carried by Home Depot.

As is becoming the norm, it appears that Heath-Zenith will take the
money and run. Too bad. They were both great companies at one time.

Maybe 20 years ago. Since then they just build mediocre stuff to meet
the price point of big box places such as Home Depot.
Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Sometimes you just get what you pay for. The models sold to HD are made
cheaper than their standard models. Try buying one from a place like
www.grainger.com

"Al Dente" wrote in message
After purchasing my second Heath-Zenith motion sensor driveway light
at Home Depot (1st one failed in 2 days-2nd one failed in 60 days) I
tried to contact Heath-Zenith for support. Their website is now
unreachable. After searching blogs, It seems this is a widespread
problem. It is also the only brand carried by Home Depot.

As is becoming the norm, it appears that Heath-Zenith will take the
money and run. Too bad. They were both great companies at one time.

Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:29:28 -0500, Al Dente
wrote:

After purchasing my second Heath-Zenith motion sensor driveway light
at Home Depot (1st one failed in 2 days-2nd one failed in 60 days) I
tried to contact Heath-Zenith for support. Their website is now
unreachable. After searching blogs, It seems this is a widespread
problem. It is also the only brand carried by Home Depot.

As is becoming the norm, it appears that Heath-Zenith will take the
money and run. Too bad. They were both great companies at one time.

Neither Heath or Zenith are the same companies. I believe their names
were sold long ago.

Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

It's funny you should say that John, years ago, I had so many problems with
the RAB units, I stopped using them. These things have been through so many
generations, I think at this point, there's no excuse for not making a
decent unit, except to cut the price. I use a unit made by H-Z but marketed
under a different name and sold by Grainger. It looks almost the same as the
HD unit but costs a little more, and I've never had a problem with them. The
current crop of RAB's are fine now too, but some of the units are a little
bulky

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"Al Dente" wrote in message
After purchasing my second Heath-Zenith motion sensor driveway light
at Home Depot (1st one failed in 2 days-2nd one failed in 60 days) I
tried to contact Heath-Zenith for support. Their website is now
unreachable. After searching blogs, It seems this is a widespread
problem. It is also the only brand carried by Home Depot.

As is becoming the norm, it appears that Heath-Zenith will take the
money and run. Too bad. They were both great companies at one time.

I have been buying a brand called Rab from my local electrical supply
house
for several years. I don't recall ever having a customer call back
because
a unit stopped working. They are a little more expensive than the Home
Depot stuff, but customer satisfaction is important to me.

Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,alt.home.repair

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
It's funny you should say that John, years ago, I had so many problems

with
the RAB units, I stopped using them. These things have been through so

many
generations, I think at this point, there's no excuse for not making a
decent unit, except to cut the price. I use a unit made by H-Z but

marketed
under a different name and sold by Grainger. It looks almost the same as

the
HD unit but costs a little more, and I've never had a problem with them.

The
current crop of RAB's are fine now too, but some of the units are a little
bulky

I'll check those Grainger units out. Thanks Roy.

"Al Dente" wrote in message
After purchasing my second Heath-Zenith motion sensor driveway light
at Home Depot (1st one failed in 2 days-2nd one failed in 60 days) I
tried to contact Heath-Zenith for support. Their website is now
unreachable. After searching blogs, It seems this is a widespread
problem. It is also the only brand carried by Home Depot.

As is becoming the norm, it appears that Heath-Zenith will take the
money and run. Too bad. They were both great companies at one time.

I have been buying a brand called Rab from my local electrical supply
house
for several years. I don't recall ever having a customer call back
because
a unit stopped working. They are a little more expensive than the Home
Depot stuff, but customer satisfaction is important to me.

Posted to alt.consumers.experiences,alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 9:29 am, George wrote:
Al Dente wrote:
After purchasing my second Heath-Zenith motion sensor driveway light
at Home Depot (1st one failed in 2 days-2nd one failed in 60 days) I
tried to contact Heath-Zenith for support. Their website is now
unreachable. After searching blogs, It seems this is a widespread
problem. It is also the only brand carried by Home Depot.

As is becoming the norm, it appears that Heath-Zenith will take the

(a moment of silence) NO, DAMMIT, NO, NOT HEATH! WHY MUST THESE
"COMPANIES" SULLY
THAT NAME?! :-[=]

money and run. Too bad. They were both great companies at one time.

Maybe 20 years ago. Since then they just build mediocre stuff to meet
the price point of big box places such as Home Depot.

It's not the same Heath, (as in Heathkit) anymore. The name has just
been sold off and slapped on
yet another ****ty pacific rim outfit.