Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Starburst door window treatment

I have a fan-shaped window in my front metal door where the sun hits
my TV and produces glare. I have been putting a sheet of cardboard
over the window which works well, but looks bad. What kind of window
treatments are used for a fan-shaped door to block sun and provide
privacy, yet allow the sun to enter when nobody is using the TV?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
I have a fan-shaped window in my front metal door where the sun hits
my TV and produces glare. I have been putting a sheet of cardboard
over the window which works well, but looks bad. What kind of window
treatments are used for a fan-shaped door to block sun and provide
privacy, yet allow the sun to enter when nobody is using the TV?

You can hang a light-blocking roll-up shade, or a light-blocking drape.

--
"So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

How about going by a craft store and look for clear Stained Glass paint? Get
a couple bottles and one yellow one. Tint the clear ones dark as you want
and put it on the inside.

--
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I have a fan-shaped window in my front metal door where the sun hits
my TV and produces glare. I have been putting a sheet of cardboard
over the window which works well, but looks bad. What kind of window
treatments are used for a fan-shaped door to block sun and provide
privacy, yet allow the sun to enter when nobody is using the TV?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I have a fan-shaped window in my front metal door where the sun hits
my TV and produces glare. I have been putting a sheet of cardboard
over the window which works well, but looks bad. What kind of window
treatments are used for a fan-shaped door to block sun and provide
privacy, yet allow the sun to enter when nobody is using the TV?

http://www.royalwindowfashions.com/plantarches.asp and other suppliers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 17, 4:15 pm, Phisherman wrote:
I have a fan-shaped window in my front metal door where the sun hits
my TV and produces glare. I have been putting a sheet of cardboard
over the window which works well, but looks bad. What kind of window
treatments are used for a fan-shaped door to block sun and provide
privacy, yet allow the sun to enter when nobody is using the TV?

Do a search for arch top window shades. There are several options.