Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill

Default Door window replacement?????

I have an exterior entry door, I believe it is a Stanley. My mower picket
up a rock and knocked out the outer layer of glass. the window size is
approx. 21 x 35 no strips inside just clear. My question is this window
replaceable. It is double pane. I was wondering if the two panes are a
single unit that is sealed and I can pull the old out and replace it with a
new one. The Trim around the glass has screws in it, it looks like it is
replaceable. Just wondering.

thanx
bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Bill wrote:
I have an exterior entry door, I believe it is a Stanley. My mower picket
up a rock and knocked out the outer layer of glass. the window size is
approx. 21 x 35 no strips inside just clear. My question is this window
replaceable. It is double pane. I was wondering if the two panes are a
single unit that is sealed and I can pull the old out and replace it with a
new one. The Trim around the glass has screws in it, it looks like it is
replaceable. Just wondering.

thanx
bill

Yup,exactly same happened to me and smashed glass. It is easy to
replace. Got a replacement from HD. They ordered it for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair
marson

and if that doesn't work you can go to a glass company and they'll fix
you up.