Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Digging a hole

I have always heard that when the moon is in phases two things can
happen.

You will either get dirt left over or not enough dirt to recover the
hole.

Well yesterday I had plenty left over. I am glad of that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 14, 12:21 am, Terry wrote:
I have always heard that when the moon is in phases two things can
happen.

You will either get dirt left over or not enough dirt to recover the
hole.

Well yesterday I had plenty left over. I am glad of that.

When I dig, I always have just enough dirt (heaped up) to fill it back
in and it will be almost level when it sinks. But then I use tarps to
pile the spill on - no loss of dirt and it is a _lot_ easier to
backfill from a tarp than from a pile on grass.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in message
I have always heard that when the moon is in phases two things can
happen.

You will either get dirt left over or not enough dirt to recover the
hole.

Well yesterday I had plenty left over. I am glad of that.

I always have parts left over when I disassemble something, then put it back
together. I guess I'd better pay attention to the moon's phase.

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 14 Mar 2007 07:11:26 -0700, "Harry K"
wrote:

On Mar 14, 12:21 am, Terry wrote:
I have always heard that when the moon is in phases two things can
happen.

You will either get dirt left over or not enough dirt to recover the
hole.

Well yesterday I had plenty left over. I am glad of that.

When I dig, I always have just enough dirt (heaped up) to fill it back
in and it will be almost level when it sinks. But then I use tarps to
pile the spill on - no loss of dirt and it is a _lot_ easier to
backfill from a tarp than from a pile on grass.

I usually have a little more dirt than the hole will take, but I solve
that problem by digging the hole a little deeper.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

How does that work out? You dig a 6" hole, keep all the dirt on
plywood or something, install a 4x4 post, and put all the dirt
back in the hole. Something just doesn't tally, though I have
seen it happen more than once.

Somethings just don't compute.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 14, 12:21 am, Terry wrote:
I have always heard that when the moon is in phases two things
can
happen.

You will either get dirt left over or not enough dirt to
recover the
hole.

Well yesterday I had plenty left over. I am glad of that.

When I dig, I always have just enough dirt (heaped up) to fill
it back
in and it will be almost level when it sinks. But then I use
tarps to
pile the spill on - no loss of dirt and it is a _lot_ easier to
backfill from a tarp than from a pile on grass.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mar 14, 12:21 am, Terry wrote:
I have always heard that when the moon is in phases two things can
happen.

You will either get dirt left over or not enough dirt to recover the
hole.

Well yesterday I had plenty left over. I am glad of that.

When I dig, I always have just enough dirt (heaped up) to fill it back
in and it will be almost level when it sinks. But then I use tarps to
pile the spill on - no loss of dirt and it is a _lot_ easier to
backfill from a tarp than from a pile on grass.

I usually have a little more dirt than the hole will take, but I solve
that problem by digging the hole a little deeper.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

But digging it a little wider would work too and it is usually easier
to widen vice deepen a hole .

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 14, 4:27 pm, "DanG" wrote:
How does that work out? You dig a 6" hole, keep all the dirt on
plywood or something, install a 4x4 post, and put all the dirt
back in the hole. Something just doesn't tally, though I have
seen it happen more than once.

Somethings just don't compute.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Harry K" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 14, 12:21 am, Terry wrote:
I have always heard that when the moon is in phases two things
can
happen.

You will either get dirt left over or not enough dirt to
recover the
hole.

Well yesterday I had plenty left over. I am glad of that.

When I dig, I always have just enough dirt (heaped up) to fill
it back
in and it will be almost level when it sinks. But then I use
tarps to
pile the spill on - no loss of dirt and it is a _lot_ easier to
backfill from a tarp than from a pile on grass.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

Dang. Last time I dug out the septic tank I forgot to plant a 4x4
post in it when back filling. Actually, noone mentioned planting
a post in the hole.

Harry K

Digging a deep hole - to China. DK Home Repair 3 January 2nd 07 08:38 AM
Digging a hole in frozen ground [email protected] Home Repair 25 December 5th 06 01:19 PM
digging a shallow well andyv UK diy 20 June 13th 06 06:09 PM
Digging A Hole/Waterproofing Andrew Home Repair 1 September 8th 04 01:14 PM