Andrew

Default Digging A Hole/Waterproofing

My basement wall is bowing in and has a number of cracks that allow
water to seep in when it rains. The defraction is due to the clay
like soil where i live (Regina, Sask. Canda). I recently excavated a
trench right down to the footing of the house and plan on applying a
waterproofing membrane to the exterior and bracing the wall from the
interior prior to backfilling the trench. Has anybody had any
experience or have any input on what to use for a waterproofing
membrane.
So far, I have learned of a torch-on rubber membrane and a
peel-and-stick membrane, both of which come in 60' rolls and are
applied directly to the concrete with the exception of the
peel-and-stick membrane requiring a primer. Also there is a product
out there called Bluestuff, apparently you trowel or roll it on. I
recently learned of this product on another posting in this group.
If anybody has had any experience related to waterproofing basement
walls, I would like to hear from you.
Any input would be helpful, considering I have no experience with this
and am having a tough time finding resources on the web. Thanks in
advance.

Andrew
Will Niccolls

"Andrew" wrote in message
m...
[...]

You might consider a soil drain system like those found he
http://www.americanwick.com/.

Waterproofing your foundations walls is important, but preventing water from
staying near your foundation is more important. Taunton Press has a book:
Foundation and Concrete work that has several excellent articles on keeping
water away from your foundation and footings.

Will Niccolls