Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Digging a hole

On Mar 14, 4:27 pm, "DanG" wrote:
How does that work out? You dig a 6" hole, keep all the dirt on
plywood or something, install a 4x4 post, and put all the dirt
back in the hole. Something just doesn't tally, though I have
seen it happen more than once.

Somethings just don't compute.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Harry K" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 14, 12:21 am, Terry wrote:
I have always heard that when the moon is in phases two things
can
happen.

You will either get dirt left over or not enough dirt to
recover the
hole.

Well yesterday I had plenty left over. I am glad of that.

When I dig, I always have just enough dirt (heaped up) to fill
it back
in and it will be almost level when it sinks. But then I use
tarps to
pile the spill on - no loss of dirt and it is a _lot_ easier to
backfill from a tarp than from a pile on grass.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

Dang. Last time I dug out the septic tank I forgot to plant a 4x4
post in it when back filling. Actually, noone mentioned planting
a post in the hole.

Harry K