Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bronze Liner for Tiling

I bought some 1x8 bronze liners to line the edge of a tiling area. I
image a continuous line, unbroken by grout lines, so that the pattern
is uninterrupted. Can this be done, or must these things be grouted
individually just like the tiles? It seems like I've seen continuous
lines but perhaps I automatically "tune out" the grout lines.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 11, 2:33 pm, "Greg Esres" wrote:
I bought some 1x8 bronze liners to line the edge of a tiling area. I
image a continuous line, unbroken by grout lines, so that the pattern
is uninterrupted. Can this be done, or must these things be grouted
individually just like the tiles? It seems like I've seen continuous
lines but perhaps I automatically "tune out" the grout lines.

Thanks

The contiuous pieces are generally plastic and come in 60" lengths.
The type that you bought should be grouted. If you installed them
without grout, you would still see the seams, and there would the
possibilty of water getting in the ungrouted joints.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have no idea what you are saying. Here is a web site of
probably the premier manufacturer of tile trim:

http://www.schluter.com/141.aspx I gave the web site that has
their expansion joints. These joints are meant to be installed in
the thinset below the tile.

Try to find a picture of what you have - to share or explain for
the rest of us.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
ps.com...
I bought some 1x8 bronze liners to line the edge of a tiling
area. I
image a continuous line, unbroken by grout lines, so that the
pattern
is uninterrupted. Can this be done, or must these things be
grouted
individually just like the tiles? It seems like I've seen
continuous
lines but perhaps I automatically "tune out" the grout lines.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 11, 3:52 pm, "DanG" wrote:
I have no idea what you are saying. Here is a web site of
probably the premier manufacturer of tile trim:

http://www.schluter.com/141.aspx I gave the web site that has
their expansion joints. These joints are meant to be installed in
the thinset below the tile.

Try to find a picture of what you have - to share or explain for
the rest of us.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Greg Esres" wrote in message

ps.com...

I bought some 1x8 bronze liners to line the edge of a tiling
area. I
image a continuous line, unbroken by grout lines, so that the
pattern
is uninterrupted. Can this be done, or must these things be
grouted
individually just like the tiles? It seems like I've seen
continuous
lines but perhaps I automatically "tune out" the grout lines.

Thanks

Sounds to me that the OP has 1" x 8" gold liners, like "pencil liner"
only bigger. Might even be rope liner.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

The contiuous pieces are generally plastic and come in 60" lengths.
The type that you bought should be grouted. If you installed them
without grout, you would still see the seams, and there would the
possibilty of water getting in the ungrouted joints.

JK

I can't tell what it's made of, but I guess the end result is the
same. The need for grouting seems undeniable. I may use thinner
lines and a dark grout.

Thank you.