Posted to alt.home.repair
Mary

Default Remove old pool liner before putting in new liner???

If I replace the liner on my 12' x 24' AG pool can I just drain it, let it
dry, then put the new liner over the original liner???

This is a little unusual as I have a variable depth liner. One end of the
pool is dug out to make a 6' deep end. the procedure for installing the
liner is to streatch the sides of the liner over the pool walls until the
bottom of the liner streatches across the top of the pool. then use clothes
pins to hold the liner in place while you fill it with water. the water
stretches the liner into place forming it to the carefully dug out bottom.
you release and move the clothes pins to allow the liner to settle into
place. This would allow the new liner to fit right into the old liner
without buckleing and wrinkles..?????

Has anyone tried this??? Or should I just remove the old liner 1st???

( I'm going to try and find the leak and plug it 1st...

thanks

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen

[...]