Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Well pump cycling on and off

My well pump seems to cycle on and then off any time we use water.
When not in use it is fine.
I noticed it when using my tap inside, the water flow will pulsate. So
when someone was taking a shower I went to the well house and noticed
the pump cycling as I described. Any ideas?
I suspect either a waterlogged tank or a malfunctioning pressure
switch.
If it is a waterlogged tank does this mean that the bladder has busted
or do I just need to add air to the tank?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I suspect either a waterlogged tank or a malfunctioning pressure
switch.
If it is a waterlogged tank does this mean that the bladder has busted
or do I just need to add air to the tank?

You are probably right. Try adding air , but most likely a defective
bladder

Posted to alt.home.repair
DB DB is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
My well pump seems to cycle on and then off any time we use water.
When not in use it is fine.
I noticed it when using my tap inside, the water flow will pulsate. So
when someone was taking a shower I went to the well house and noticed
the pump cycling as I described. Any ideas?
I suspect either a waterlogged tank or a malfunctioning pressure
switch.
If it is a waterlogged tank does this mean that the bladder has busted
or do I just need to add air to the tank?

Cut power to the well pump. Turn on the water. Does pressure stay up for any
length of time or immediately drop? If it stays up the bladder is OK and the
pressure switch is suspect. If it plummets then the tank is water logged.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 8, 3:30 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message
I suspect either a waterlogged tank or a malfunctioning pressure
switch.
If it is a waterlogged tank does this mean that the bladder has busted
or do I just need to add air to the tank?

You are probably right. Try adding air , but most likely a defective
bladder

Thanks for the response!

I assume that if the bladder is defective that the tank will need to
be replaced. Right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

PJ,

Yes, you will need to replace the tank. The cycling puts a lot of wear on
your pump,

Dave M.