Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My dewalt 18v drill's chuck is stuck!

I opened the chuck all the way and now it won't close. I tried to
force it with channel locks and now it won't turn in any direction.

Is there any way to fix this? Has anyone had this problem?
thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 11:11 am, "Cliff Hartle" wrote:
brevity snip
Maybe try gently tapping on the jaws. One of them might be stuck.

If it jams, force it. If it breaks...
-----

- gpsman

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:11:00 GMT, "Cliff Hartle"
wrote:

Maybe try gently tapping on the jaws. One of them might be stuck.

And if that doesn't work, not so gently. Give it a medium whack, the
jaws or the bigger part that holds them.

wrote in message
roups.com...
I opened the chuck all the way and now it won't close. I tried to
force it with channel locks and now it won't turn in any direction.

Is there any way to fix this? Has anyone had this problem?
thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to wxjames, meg hobbs wrote:
I have the same problem. It seems to be a mechanical issue that Wd40 won't
resolve. It just won't move and just clicks if I try to turn it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ck-201134-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2018 19:44:03 GMT, meg hobbs
m wrote:

replying to wxjames, meg hobbs wrote:
I have the same problem. It seems to be a mechanical issue that Wd40 won't
resolve. It just won't move and just clicks if I try to turn it.

I agree. Something stuck. If WD-40 won't work, maybe try 3-N-1 oil.LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to wxjames, meg hobbs wrote:
I have the same problem. It seems to be a mechanical issue that Wd40 won't
resolve. It just won't move and just clicks if I try to turn it.

I agree. Something stuck. If WD-40 won't work, maybe try 3-N-1 oil.LOL

Composition C-4 usually works to BREAK things free. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Blasted Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

meg hobbs posted for all of us...

replying to wxjames, meg hobbs wrote:
I have the same problem. It seems to be a mechanical issue that Wd40 won't
resolve. It just won't move and just clicks if I try to turn it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ck-201134-.htm

To the OP. Where? On the other hand it's a dewalt...

--
Tekkie