Squanklin

Default Slipping Keyless Chuck - DeWalt 18V Drill

Greetings! I've had some slippage in a new keyless DeWalt cordless
drill. I noticed it most when using a small bit, maybe 3/16". Has
anyone experienced the same problem, or should I take the item back for
a replacement before my 30 days run out? If I remember correctly the
model number is DC759KA.

Thanks!
Squanklin

m Ransley

Take it back, it doesnt mean the next one will be right either. DeWalt
Ive heard is high return tool. My 18 dewap went back I ended up with
makita.

Jeff Wisnia

Squanklin wrote:

Greetings! I've had some slippage in a new keyless DeWalt cordless
drill. I noticed it most when using a small bit, maybe 3/16". Has
anyone experienced the same problem, or should I take the item back for
a replacement before my 30 days run out? If I remember correctly the
model number is DC759KA.

Thanks!
Squanklin

Recently I saw a rubber "chuck gripper" advertised and touted as being
the cat's ass for tightening those keyless chucks. It looked like a
short piece of very thick walled soft rubber hose.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
SQLit

"Squanklin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings! I've had some slippage in a new keyless DeWalt cordless
drill. I noticed it most when using a small bit, maybe 3/16". Has
anyone experienced the same problem, or should I take the item back for
a replacement before my 30 days run out? If I remember correctly the
model number is DC759KA.

Thanks!
Squanklin

I have a dewalt 18 v with the keyless chuck, It works fine for me. I have
discovered that it sometimes I do not tighten it down the first time and
there is a little slippage. Retighten and all is good to go.

JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

I have a keyless chuck drill and I will never get one again,
they are ****.
you will need to re tighten them constantly.
if you ever drill in tight quarters the chuck can rub against other pieces
and cause the bit to come loose,
the 3 little pieces that hold the bit inside the chuck get stuck, and it
makes turning the chuck next to impossible.
it seems like a convenience, but its really a pain in the ass

"Squanklin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings! I've had some slippage in a new keyless DeWalt cordless
drill. I noticed it most when using a small bit, maybe 3/16". Has
anyone experienced the same problem, or should I take the item back for
a replacement before my 30 days run out? If I remember correctly the
model number is DC759KA.

Thanks!
Squanklin

Edwin Pawlowski

"JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk" wrote in message
I have a keyless chuck drill and I will never get one again,
they are ****.
you will need to re tighten them constantly.

Buy a good one. I've had **** ones on cheap tools, but my Panasonic has
never been a problem.

JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk wrote:
I have a keyless chuck drill and I will never get one again,
they are ****.
you will need to re tighten them constantly.
if you ever drill in tight quarters the chuck can rub against other

pieces
and cause the bit to come loose,

Only if you're turning the drill counter clockwise. If the chuck is
turning clockwise (For drilling and sinking a screw), it will tighten
if it rubs against anything.

Squanklin

UPDATE:

I returned the drill and exchanged it for a new one, same model. No
slipping, no wobbling bits. (It was a DW959 - not 759.)
Thanks for the tips!
Squanklin