Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace sucking in dust from garage?

I get a lot of dust in my house. I noticed the front panel on my furnace is
not even close to air tight. I can see through gaps and holes directly into
where the blower is (which is directly over the air filter). So the blower
is sucking in some air from the return line and through the air filter, but
a lot is coming through the gaps in the panel. Should I somehow seal this
panel better and force all air to come from my air return vent which is
located in the center hallway of the house? I don't understand this design
of a furnace which takes no care in keeping dirty air from the garage out.

Thanks,
DaveL