Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom drain questions Help!

Hello,

I am going to put a bathroom in my garage. I have a cast iron soil
stack in the corner of the garage that I can use. I was going to cut
into and insert a PVC adapter. I was then going to drain the toilet
and the sink into that.

My question is: Will this work? Do I have to vent anything?

Will it be code? My town uses the 2003 national standard plumbing
code.

Any comments will help! Thanks!!!

Here is a rough sketch:

http://www.plbg.com/forum/read.php?1,300215

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hello,

I am going to put a bathroom in my garage. I have a cast iron soil
stack in the corner of the garage that I can use. I was going to cut
into and insert a PVC adapter. I was then going to drain the toilet
and the sink into that.

My question is: Will this work? Do I have to vent anything?

Will it be code? My town uses the 2003 national standard plumbing
code.

Any comments will help! Thanks!!!

Here is a rough sketch:

http://www.plbg.com/forum/read.php?1,300215

What else is draining into that stack? Above or below where you will
have the new drain? Will you be able to run a separate vent? What part of
the world do you live? Does it freeze? How will you protect the toilet
from freezing?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit