Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fisher Paykel washer more reliable than Kenmore?

I have a 5 yr old front loading Kenmore washer that has
not been very reliable.

Thinking of selling and going for Fisher Paykel.

Any stats or opinions on how reliable FP is compared to
other brands?
Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

wrote in message
I have a 5 yr old front loading Kenmore washer that has
not been very reliable.

Thinking of selling and going for Fisher Paykel.

Any stats or opinions on how reliable FP is compared to
other brands?

There are "lemons" with any brandname. We've used a Kenmore washer since
1989 without a single problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Is yours built by Frigidaire? Kenmore fromt loaders were built by
Frigidaire (smaller units) and Whirlpool. The latter are very reliable.
Consider buying from Lowes because of very cheap service agreements if you
are worried about repair costs. A $1500 appliance service agreement for 4
additional years was less than $100 at Lowes.

wrote in message
I have a 5 yr old front loading Kenmore washer that has
not been very reliable.

Thinking of selling and going for Fisher Paykel.

Any stats or opinions on how reliable FP is compared to
other brands?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charlie Morgan wrote:

A lot fewer moving parts may be part of the reason

This is my gut feeling as well..... the FP has so few
parts compared to a front loader

Do you mind having a top loader tho?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Art" wrote:

A $1500 appliance service agreement for 4
additional years was less than $100 at Lowes.

good idea

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Art" wrote:

Is yours built by Frigidaire? Kenmore fromt loaders were built by
Frigidaire (smaller units) and Whirlpool.

Not sure

I'm "thinking" it's built by whirlpool

the model number starts with 417