Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fisher Paykel washer and dryer owners here?

Curious if anyone has the new top loading F&P
dryer..... along with the washer?

How well does that dryer perform?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Check recent Consumer Reports at the library. I am pretty sure they rated
it. I don't think they were impressed but you better double check. By the
way we have their dishwasher drawer. We like them but they have to be
installed precisely as shown in the directions otherwise the drainage hoses
will kink and the units shut down. The repair man told me almost all are
installed wrong.

wrote in message
Curious if anyone has the new top loading F&P
dryer..... along with the washer?

How well does that dryer perform?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

From Consumer Reports: Hopefully this would be considered a fair use: I
recommend you subscribe.

First look: Fisher & Paykel Smartload DEGX1 dryer

This dryer, the only full-sized top-loader on the market, is claimed to be
easier to load and unload than the more typical front-loading dryer.

We tested the electric model, $780; a comparable gas version is priced at
$760. Though very good overall, the dryer has shortcomings:

.. Difficulty unloading. That's especially true for short people. Our testers
found it harder to unload the deep drum of the Fisher & Paykel dryer than
any of the front-loading dryers or top-loading washers in our lab.

.. Inconsistent performance. It was very good at drying a 3-pound load of
delicates and 8 pounds of cotton. It was only good at drying a 12-pound
mixed load and at damp-drying all test loads. We found that it holds about
10 percent less than its stated capacity of 6.5 cubic feet.

.. A noisy start. When you close the lid and start the dryer, you hear the
inner door closing and a whoosh reminiscent of an airplane taking off. It
sounds impressive, but the noise may disturb family members.

.. Absent amenities. It lacks convenience features found on many
less-expensive dryers. These include a light inside the drum and a way to
adjust the loudness of the end-of-cycle signal and turn the signal off. It
does have an easy-to-empty lint trap.

The bottom line. This dryer is overpriced for what it offers. Because it
uses new technology, its reliability is unknown. Among better choices: the
Kenmore (Sears) 6487, $470.

wrote in message
Curious if anyone has the new top loading F&P
dryer..... along with the washer?

How well does that dryer perform?

Attached Images