Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Need help for Maytag Washer and Dryer (Model #MAV5920EWW, # MDE4806AZW)

I bought a brand new Maytag washer and dryer pair from Dufresne last
month. I have questions and couldn't find an honest answer. Anyone
knows the facts; please kindly share them with me.

Washer (MAV5920EWW):

When the cold water comes into the washer, it makes a very high pitched
loud squealing noise. The first contractor repairman sent by Maytag
determined that the water valve was defective and needed replacement.
One week later another contractor repairman called to inform me that
the noise is normal because Maytag installed a filter for the water
valve. He said the noise will be gone once the filter is removed. He
came to do the removal of the filter, and could not find the filter.
He then told me that it is not recommend by Maytag to remove the filter
because the filter is for removing the particles in the water to
protect the machine. His explanation doesn't make sense to me. Why
the filter is ONLY installed on the cold water valve and not on both
the hot and cold water valves?

Dryer (MDE4806AZW):

After just ONE use of the dryer, the heat vent panel inside the dryer
had turned black. After a few more uses, the panel has burned to very
black. Again I was told by the repairmen that this is normal.

I spoke to the Maytag Customer Service Center, and was told that those
are problems and should NOT happen.

The contractors sent by Maytag were NOT knowledgeable and NOT familiar
with my machines. Now I am getting the run around.

Please help if you have the same machines or information. I am very
confused.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Jim Thompson

Call back to factory support. You seem to have some local
incompetents.

I've had VERY good warranty service from Maytag, and I'm sure factory
support can straighten things out.

--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Jim Thompson

I just had another remembrance that's not so keen. Non Maytag stores
carry reduced-grade models

Figured that out while shopping price, then realized... this isn't the
same model :-(

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Art

They are also basically the same crappy models. THe last digit various so
you cannot price match. Check Maytag's site for any model at any store.
You will find it less the last character of the model number. Features are
basically the same. One may have an optional basket and the other won't.
That is it. QUality is uniformly poor.

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Jim Thompson

My set is four years old now. Has Maytag quality dropped recently?

My "model" comparisons were by _name_, such as Neptune. The Great
Outdoors' Neptune was clearly inferior to the model of the same name
in the Maytag factory store.

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:32:18 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Rich Grise

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:37:49 -0800, cslee168 wrote:

[...]

By this time you should have already taken them back and demanded your
money back.

Whether it's really the washer making the noise or the pluming, if they
can't make the machine suitable for the purpose it's sold, you should
get your money back, or have it replaced by one that is suitable, at
no (additional) cost to you.

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:37:49 -0800, cslee168 wrote:
[a rant]

Hell, haven't you ever noticed in their commercials, that all the
repairman does is sit on his ass?

;-P
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Mike Berger

You should have bought the machine under an assumed name.

Ignoramus19198 wrote:

They purposely decided to install a crappy part and save perhaps 10-30
cents on me so that I pay more in repair costs after warranty.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Art

THere have been many versions of the Neptune. I've seen 4 or 5 in Lowes.
Several at the same time. You probably just saw a phase out of an old or
phase in of a new model. By the way, many repair guys will tell you the old
models with the old fashion mechanical buttons were the best.

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...