Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house
Rich Grise

Default Need help for Maytag Washer and Dryer (Model #MAV5920EWW, # MDE4806AZW)

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:37:49 -0800, cslee168 wrote:

I bought a brand new Maytag washer and dryer pair from Dufresne last
month. I have questions and couldn't find an honest answer. Anyone
knows the facts; please kindly share them with me.

Washer (MAV5920EWW):

When the cold water comes into the washer, it makes a very high pitched
loud squealing noise. The first contractor repairman sent by Maytag
determined that the water valve was defective and needed replacement.
One week later another contractor repairman called to inform me that
the noise is normal because Maytag installed a filter for the water
valve. He said the noise will be gone once the filter is removed. He
came to do the removal of the filter, and could not find the filter.
He then told me that it is not recommend by Maytag to remove the filter
because the filter is for removing the particles in the water to
protect the machine. His explanation doesn't make sense to me. Why
the filter is ONLY installed on the cold water valve and not on both
the hot and cold water valves?

By this time you should have already taken them back and demanded your
money back.

Whether it's really the washer making the noise or the pluming, if they
can't make the machine suitable for the purpose it's sold, you should
get your money back, or have it replaced by one that is suitable, at
no (additional) cost to you.

Good Luck!
Rich