Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Need help for Maytag Washer and Dryer (Model #MAV5920EWW, # MDE4806AZW)

I bought a brand new Maytag washer and dryer pair from Dufresne last
month. I have questions and couldn't find an honest answer. Anyone
knows the facts; please kindly share them with me.

Washer (MAV5920EWW):

When the cold water comes into the washer, it makes a very high pitched
loud squealing noise. The first contractor repairman sent by Maytag
determined that the water valve was defective and needed replacement.
One week later another contractor repairman called to inform me that
the noise is normal because Maytag installed a filter for the water
valve. He said the noise will be gone once the filter is removed. He
came to do the removal of the filter, and could not find the filter.
He then told me that it is not recommend by Maytag to remove the filter
because the filter is for removing the particles in the water to
protect the machine. His explanation doesn't make sense to me. Why
the filter is ONLY installed on the cold water valve and not on both
the hot and cold water valves?

Dryer (MDE4806AZW):

After just ONE use of the dryer, the heat vent panel inside the dryer
had turned black. After a few more uses, the panel has burned to very
black. Again I was told by the repairmen that this is normal.

I spoke to the Maytag Customer Service Center, and was told that those
are problems and should NOT happen.

The contractors sent by Maytag were NOT knowledgeable and NOT familiar
with my machines. Now I am getting the run around.

Please help if you have the same machines or information. I am very
confused.