DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fisher Paykel washer more reliable than Kenmore? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192767-fisher-paykel-washer-more-reliable-than-kenmore.html)

[email protected] February 19th 07 06:46 PM

Fisher Paykel washer more reliable than Kenmore?

I have a 5 yr old front loading Kenmore washer that has
not been very reliable.

Thinking of selling and going for Fisher Paykel.

Any stats or opinions on how reliable FP is compared to
other brands?

tom February 19th 07 06:52 PM

wrote in message
I have a 5 yr old front loading Kenmore washer that has
not been very reliable.

Thinking of selling and going for Fisher Paykel.

Any stats or opinions on how reliable FP is compared to
other brands?

There are "lemons" with any brandname. We've used a Kenmore washer since
1989 without a single problem.

Art February 20th 07 01:15 AM

Fisher Paykel washer more reliable than Kenmore?

Is yours built by Frigidaire? Kenmore fromt loaders were built by
Frigidaire (smaller units) and Whirlpool. The latter are very reliable.
Consider buying from Lowes because of very cheap service agreements if you
are worried about repair costs. A $1500 appliance service agreement for 4
additional years was less than $100 at Lowes.

[email protected] February 20th 07 04:31 PM

Fisher Paykel washer more reliable than Kenmore?

Charlie Morgan wrote:

A lot fewer moving parts may be part of the reason

This is my gut feeling as well..... the FP has so few
parts compared to a front loader

Do you mind having a top loader tho?

[email protected] February 20th 07 04:31 PM

"Art" wrote:

A $1500 appliance service agreement for 4
additional years was less than $100 at Lowes.

good idea

[email protected] February 20th 07 04:32 PM

"Art" wrote:

Is yours built by Frigidaire? Kenmore fromt loaders were built by
Frigidaire (smaller units) and Whirlpool.

Not sure

I'm "thinking" it's built by whirlpool

the model number starts with 417