Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPDATE - condensation problems while taking a shower with newly installed bathroom exhaust fans

I added insulation around the fan housing and it made the problem even
worse in the smaller bathroom

For now I am running the small space heater while taking a shower as I
don't experience any condensation then.

One thing I should have mentioned is that the fan is installed on a 8
degree slant ceiling instead of a flat ceiling.

Could this be the problem?

Also, since the bathroom is so tiny, perhaps I need a stronger
fan(more than 80 cfm), since the steam builds up very fast while
taking a shower.

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything(read the previous post).

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything...

You might consider this:

http://www.sunfrost.com/efficient_shower.html

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I added insulation around the fan housing and it made the problem even
worse in the smaller bathroom

For now I am running the small space heater while taking a shower as I
don't experience any condensation then.

One thing I should have mentioned is that the fan is installed on a 8
degree slant ceiling instead of a flat ceiling.

Could this be the problem?

Also, since the bathroom is so tiny, perhaps I need a stronger
fan(more than 80 cfm), since the steam builds up very fast while
taking a shower.

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything(read the previous post).

Be sure you have a good way for enough air to enter the bathroom to replace
what the fan blows out. If you don't the fan may not be effective.

Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 7:00 pm, "Don Young" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

I added insulation around thefanhousing and it made the problem even
worse in the smaller bathroom

For now I am running the small space heater while taking a shower as I
don't experience anycondensationthen.

One thing I should have mentioned is that thefanis installed on a 8
degree slant ceiling instead of a flat ceiling.

Could this be the problem?

Also, since the bathroom is so tiny, perhaps I need a stronger
fan(more than 80 cfm), since the steam builds up very fast while
taking a shower.

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything(read the previous post).

Be sure you have a good way for enough air to enter the bathroom to replace
what thefanblows out. If you don't thefanmay not be effective.

Don Young- Hide quoted text -

I tried leaving bathroom door all the way open and also window
open....it doesn't help at all

The site that nick recommended I actually called and they recommended
sealing off the shower completely???

that would not look very nice and is not really an option.

I guess I'm just stuck with it, until I find a better solution to this
problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The site that nick recommended I actually called and they recommended
sealing off the shower completely???

Good idea.

that would not look very nice...

Awww...