Default Installing two bathroom exhaust fans

I'm putting in a bathroom exhaust fans into two adjoining bathrooms
that never had an exhaust fan installed by the builder.

My question is, the two fans will be no further than a few feet apart.
I bought fans that have a one way flapper. Can I simply join the ducts
from both of them in the attic and vent out of one roof vent?

Venting out of the side of the attic wall is also an option as it's
only a few feet away, but I assume venting out to the roof is best?

Also, is there a website that shows in detail how to install the roof
caps?

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm putting in a bathroom exhaust fans into two adjoining bathrooms
that never had an exhaust fan installed by the builder.

My question is, the two fans will be no further than a few feet apart.
I bought fans that have a one way flapper. Can I simply join the ducts
from both of them in the attic and vent out of one roof vent?

Check with your local building department. This was nixed quite a while a go
where I live.

Venting out of the side of the attic wall is also an option as it's
only a few feet away, but I assume venting out to the roof is best?

the shorter the pipe and the less bends the better.
Where I live the vent on the fan is 3 inch and they run 4 inch pipe.
Personally I do not like cutting holes in the roof. Unless there is no other
way

Also, is there a website that shows in detail how to install the roof
caps?

NapalmHeart

"SQLit" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I did this 2 years ago and it passed inspection.

Ken