DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   UPDATE - condensation problems while taking a shower with newly installed bathroom exhaust fans (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192766-update-condensation-problems-while-taking-shower-newly-installed-bathroom-exhaust-fans.html)

[email protected] February 19th 07 06:04 PM

UPDATE - condensation problems while taking a shower with newly installed bathroom exhaust fans

I added insulation around the fan housing and it made the problem even
worse in the smaller bathroom

For now I am running the small space heater while taking a shower as I
don't experience any condensation then.

One thing I should have mentioned is that the fan is installed on a 8
degree slant ceiling instead of a flat ceiling.

Could this be the problem?

Also, since the bathroom is so tiny, perhaps I need a stronger
fan(more than 80 cfm), since the steam builds up very fast while
taking a shower.

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything(read the previous post).

[email protected] February 19th 07 08:09 PM

wrote:

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything...

You might consider this:

http://www.sunfrost.com/efficient_shower.html

Nick

Don Young February 20th 07 03:00 AM

UPDATE - condensation problems while taking a shower with newly installed bathroom exhaust fans

wrote in message
ups.com...
I added insulation around the fan housing and it made the problem even
worse in the smaller bathroom

For now I am running the small space heater while taking a shower as I
don't experience any condensation then.

One thing I should have mentioned is that the fan is installed on a 8
degree slant ceiling instead of a flat ceiling.

Could this be the problem?

Also, since the bathroom is so tiny, perhaps I need a stronger
fan(more than 80 cfm), since the steam builds up very fast while
taking a shower.

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything(read the previous post).

Be sure you have a good way for enough air to enter the bathroom to replace
what the fan blows out. If you don't the fan may not be effective.

Don Young

[email protected] February 20th 07 04:58 AM

UPDATE - condensation problems while taking a shower with newly installed bathroom exhaust fans

On Feb 19, 7:00 pm, "Don Young" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

I added insulation around thefanhousing and it made the problem even
worse in the smaller bathroom

For now I am running the small space heater while taking a shower as I
don't experience anycondensationthen.

One thing I should have mentioned is that thefanis installed on a 8
degree slant ceiling instead of a flat ceiling.

Could this be the problem?

Also, since the bathroom is so tiny, perhaps I need a stronger
fan(more than 80 cfm), since the steam builds up very fast while
taking a shower.

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything(read the previous post).

Be sure you have a good way for enough air to enter the bathroom to replace
what thefanblows out. If you don't thefanmay not be effective.

Don Young- Hide quoted text -

I tried leaving bathroom door all the way open and also window
open....it doesn't help at all

The site that nick recommended I actually called and they recommended
sealing off the shower completely???

that would not look very nice and is not really an option.

I guess I'm just stuck with it, until I find a better solution to this
problem.

[email protected] February 20th 07 10:12 AM

wrote:

The site that nick recommended I actually called and they recommended
sealing off the shower completely???

Good idea.

that would not look very nice...

Awww...