Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] youngi@comcast.net is offline

Default UPDATE - condensation problems while taking a shower with newly installed bathroom exhaust fans

On Feb 19, 7:00 pm, "Don Young" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

I added insulation around thefanhousing and it made the problem even
worse in the smaller bathroom

For now I am running the small space heater while taking a shower as I
don't experience anycondensationthen.

One thing I should have mentioned is that thefanis installed on a 8
degree slant ceiling instead of a flat ceiling.

Could this be the problem?

Also, since the bathroom is so tiny, perhaps I need a stronger
fan(more than 80 cfm), since the steam builds up very fast while
taking a shower.

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything(read the previous post).

Be sure you have a good way for enough air to enter the bathroom to replace
what thefanblows out. If you don't thefanmay not be effective.

Don Young- Hide quoted text -

I tried leaving bathroom door all the way open and also window
open....it doesn't help at all

The site that nick recommended I actually called and they recommended
sealing off the shower completely???

that would not look very nice and is not really an option.

I guess I'm just stuck with it, until I find a better solution to this
problem.