Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CONCRETE QUESTION

CONCRETE QUESTION

I have seen a patio that had added design on top, stamped and sealed
with something that makes the surface look like glass.

Does anyone know what it's called?

Does anyone know how to do it?

I just resurfaced my patio yesterday with Commecial Grade Quikrete. It
was a little pricey but 1/2 inch is extremely strong and will hold
over the aggregate surface that was there previously. The patio is 50
yrs old and had cracks and was not level. So, I remedied the matter,
but I'd like to pretty it up now.

I'd like to add color, and stamping and seal it with the glass like
finishing.

Can anyone help?

No one seems to know what I'm talking about at Lowe's or Home Despot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

MRS. CLEAN wrote:
CONCRETE QUESTION

I have seen a patio that had added design on top, stamped and sealed
with something that makes the surface look like glass.

Does anyone know what it's called?

Does anyone know how to do it?

I just resurfaced my patio yesterday with Commecial Grade Quikrete. It
was a little pricey but 1/2 inch is extremely strong and will hold
over the aggregate surface that was there previously. The patio is 50
yrs old and had cracks and was not level. So, I remedied the matter,
but I'd like to pretty it up now.

I'd like to add color, and stamping and seal it with the glass like
finishing.

Can anyone help?

No one seems to know what I'm talking about at Lowe's or Home Despot.

Hi,
Acrylic sealant? You an buy them at the HD type store.
Posted to alt.home.repair

What you are asking about is called Pattern stamped or decorative
concrete. The decorative pattern should have been performed while
the concrete was not set. You may be interested in a stained
concrete finish at this point. There is good technical
information he
http://www.thestampstore.com/
Doug has written much of the literature in the industry and is
considered by many to be one of the top experts in the field.
Scroll down the left hand side of the page.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

concrete question [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 10th 06 10:37 PM
Concrete question (regarding previous plumbing question) [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 17th 06 08:07 PM
Question on concrete board Oppie Home Repair 3 December 21st 04 12:34 PM
Concrete question Easy Home Repair 2 December 1st 04 05:55 AM
Concrete question. andrewpreece UK diy 4 September 5th 04 11:15 AM