Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Natural Gas to Propane

I just bought a NG BBQ without knowing for a discount. Unfortunately,
since it is on clearance, i am stuck with it. Does anyone know what I
can do to this NG BBQ Grill such that I can attach a propane tank to
it. I don't have NG gas line to my deck, and adding one is not an
option.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mikey" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a NG BBQ without knowing for a discount. Unfortunately,
since it is on clearance, i am stuck with it. Does anyone know what I
can do to this NG BBQ Grill such that I can attach a propane tank to
it. I don't have NG gas line to my deck, and adding one is not an
option.

In most cases, the orifices is the only change, Maybe the regulator. Check
with the manufacturer and they may have a kit available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, "mikey" wrote:
I just bought a NG BBQ without knowing for a discount. Unfortunately,
since it is on clearance, i am stuck with it. Does anyone know what I
can do to this NG BBQ Grill such that I can attach a propane tank to
it. I don't have NG gas line to my deck, and adding one is not an
option.

If you're anywhere near Indianapolis, I might be interested in buying it from
you...

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 10, 9:11 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .com, "mikey" wrote:
I just bought a NG BBQ without knowing for a discount. Unfortunately,
since it is on clearance, i am stuck with it. Does anyone know what I
can do to this NG BBQ Grill such that I can attach a propane tank to
it. I don't have NG gas line to my deck, and adding one is not an
option.

If you're anywhere near Indianapolis, I might be interested in buying it from
you...

--
Regards,

I looked into this last year a bit. Only one brand, might be
Charmglow?, offered units that were convertible and were being labeled
as dual fuel. I couldn't find any other manufacturer's like Weber,
that had the ability to switch. It may be a liability thing, as they
may not want customers fooling around and screwing it up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mikey wrote:
I just bought a NG BBQ without knowing for a discount.
Unfortunately,
since it is on clearance, i am stuck with it. Does anyone know what
can do to this NG BBQ Grill such that I can attach a propane tank to
it. I don't have NG gas line to my deck, and adding one is not an
option.

Take it to your local propane dealer that also sells/services
appliances. They will have the correct orfice and line
fittings/regulator to make the conversion, IF it's possible.

Tom J