Posted to alt.home.repair
jd karnes jd karnes is offline

Default Natural Gas to Propane

wrote:
On Feb 10, 9:11 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article .com, "mikey" wrote:

I just bought a NG BBQ without knowing for a discount. Unfortunately,
since it is on clearance, i am stuck with it. Does anyone know what I
can do to this NG BBQ Grill such that I can attach a propane tank to
it. I don't have NG gas line to my deck, and adding one is not an
option.

If you're anywhere near Indianapolis, I might be interested in buying it from
you...

--
Regards,

I looked into this last year a bit. Only one brand, might be
Charmglow?, offered units that were convertible and were being labeled
as dual fuel. I couldn't find any other manufacturer's like Weber,
that had the ability to switch. It may be a liability thing, as they
may not want customers fooling around and screwing it up.

i bought a weber 8 or 9 years ago. it was propane and i wanted ng. they
gave me two orifices to change. i don't remember which one uses the
larger opening. ask the place you bought it from or the manufacterer
which orifice you need.