Default Can all cook stoves use propane and natural gas?

Greetings,

I cannot give you a list of brands but some stoves CANNOT be converted
according to the manufacturer. Of course ALL stoves can be converted
by replacing all natural gas specific parts with propane specific ones
but why not get one the manufacturer says is convertible? Find the one
you are interested in and call the manufacturer from your mobile before
inking the deal.

Hope this helps,
William

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
That's what I was looking to find out, and I will do that. If it
needs parts, I wont even bother because I know how hard it is to get
that stuff, not to mention costly.

Thanks

They ALL will require parts. Minimum of different orifices, perhaps a
regulator. Should not be a big deal. Dealer can do it for you at the time
of sale.

~^Johnny^~

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
No

if you are looking used, you will need to confirm parts are available before
making purchase. Not all will just turn an orifice although mine did. Also,
the manufacturer may tell you that only a qualified gas guy can do it. They
may not even sell you the parts.

Best find a local parts place that is easy to deal with. When you find the
stove you like, call him and ask if it can be converted, what parts, if any
are needed and if he can get the parts as required. You do not want an old
stove that you cant get the parts for.

wrote in message
Can all cook stoves use both propane and natural gas?

When I moved to the country a few years ago, I had to adapt to propane
for gas. I had an older kitchen cooking stove that was set to use
natural gas and all I had to do to convert it to propane was adjust
the orfices to make the openings smaller. Similar to the needle
valves on carburetors.

I need a new (used) stove. Natural gas stoves are easy to find, but
not propane ones. I am asking if all of them can be converted by
simply turning the orfices or do some need replacement parts, and/or
are some not able to be converted at all? I dont want to buy one and
not be able to use it.

Does anyone know for sure? Which brands if some can and other can't?

Thanks