Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Door bell wired wrong

It is my understanding that the worst way you can disappoint them is to
refuse the literature. As far as they are concerned, if they leave the
pamphlet, they've done their job. Whether or not you read it. So the best
policy is to open the door, and refuse the literature and THEN say no
thanks, cya later.

--
Steve Barker

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
The way I see it, they're pretty harmless. They really are trying to do
good
(by their standards, at least), and they're not hurting anyone in the
process.
Much preferable, IMO, to go door-to-door trying to evangelize unbelievers
than to, say, fly airplanes into buildings to make your point.

They're annoying only to the extent that you allow them to annoy you. Just
smile, thank them, tell them you're not interested, wish them a good day,
and
out
to another poster, if you treat them rudely, you get yourself a lot more
upset
than you get them, so who's being harmed?

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
t...
In article . com, "Harry
K" wrote:

Yes, the polite "no thanks" and immediate leave will work...once,
twice...thrice...etc. They will keep coming bck every year.

No, they don't -- I've been in my present house for almost 8 years, and
the
JWs have come to my door twice.

And even if they did come every year -- SO WHAT? How much of your time
does it
take to be polite, anyway?

My
method is a one shot thing as they apparently keep some sort of a
'don't go there' list.

Doubtful, very doubtful. You'll see them again. They really don't go to
every
house, every year. They just haven't gotten back to your house for round 2
yet.

Consider this:

When I'm polite to them, they smile and thank me, and go on their way. I
smile
and go back in the house calmly and go about my day.

They're not upset, and I'm not upset.

When you're rude to them, they go away consoling themselves with the words
of
Jesus: "Blessed are you when they persecute you and revile you, and utter
every sort of evil against you for my sake, for great shall be your
reward."

They're *still* not upset -- if anything, they may be rejoicing at earning
the
promised heavenly reward.

You, on the other hand, go back in the house fuming, your blood pressure
elevated, your stomach churning, your teeth clenched... Do you really feel
better for having told them off?

I think I like my way better.

I like my way best- I look through the peephole, and if I see shiny faces
and glassy eyes, and especially teenage boys in white shirts and ties, I
just don't answer the damn door. They go away eventually. Life is too short,
etc.

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:01:42 GMT, wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article . com, "Harry
K" wrote:

[...]

The last time that happened, it was white name badges with crosses on
them.

just don't answer the damn door. They go away eventually. Life is too short,
etc.

aem sends....

--
Mark Lloyd