Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Friedland wireless door bell doesn't work - wrong battery?

Hi,

I had the friedland libra d261 wireless doorbell with plug in chime
working for about a 16 months until it stopped last week. The light in
the bell push was not working so I assumed it was the battery. I bought
a similar coin shaped 3v battery but can't get the damn thing to work.

The battery I bought is a duracell dl2025 3V battery and the one in it
is Newsun CR2032 3V battery.

Does it matter that they're different?

If the doorbell is buggered can I send it back to friedland as the
tlc-direct website (who I bought it from) says friedland have a 3 year
warranty (of course I don't have any proof when or where I bought it!).

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

The battery I bought is a duracell dl2025 3V battery and the one in it
is Newsun CR2032 3V battery.

They are different batteries. IIRC, the last two digits signify the
thickness of the battery in 1/10ths of a mm. i.e. 2025 is 2.5mm thick,
whilst 2032 is 3.2mm thick.

Some 2032 battery compartments would not connect properly with a 2025,
whilst others will. 2032s are much more common than 2025s. They have
significantly greater capacity in not much more space.

A folded up piece of foil may sometimes be used to thicken the 2025 enough
to connect with a sensitive holder. This depends on the design.

Christian.