Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default maytag washer problem

I got a new maytag washer the other day.

My question is on new washers is the agitator locked and has to be
unlocked before use?

Here is what happened, the person that came to install it turned it
on and it started to fill with water, he then put it in the rinse
cycle and it ran for a few seconds and stopped. it tripped the GCFI
circuit in the plug, reset the outlet and tried again. again same
thing, we then tried another non GFCI Outlet, it worked for a little
longer started to smell and smoke a bit and then blew a fuse.

What could be wrong with this washer?

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Ron wrote:

I got a new maytag washer the other day.

My question is on new washers is the agitator locked and has to be
unlocked before use?

Here is what happened, the person that came to install it turned it
on and it started to fill with water, he then put it in the rinse
cycle and it ran for a few seconds and stopped. it tripped the GCFI
circuit in the plug, reset the outlet and tried again. again same
thing, we then tried another non GFCI Outlet, it worked for a little
longer started to smell and smoke a bit and then blew a fuse.

What could be wrong with this washer?

It's in need of repair. Perhaps the motor has a winding shorted to ground?

Posted to alt.home.repair

If this is a brand new washer, return it and don't settle for a repair
on the one that is broken.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ron" wrote in message
ups.com...
I got a new maytag washer the other day.

What could be wrong with this washer?

Who cares? That is why they have a warranty. The dealer will fix it or
replace it at no cost to you.

It may have been defective from the factory or damaged in transit. Call the
dealer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Feb 6, 10:13 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
Who cares? That is why they have a warranty. The dealer will fix it or
replace it at no cost to you.

It may have been defective from the factory or damaged in transit. Call the
dealer.

I called Home Depot where I got it and they said the policy was if it
does nt work they will come and repair, now if it is damaged or
scratched or anything like that they will replace it. I asked the
lady where I should kick it so its damaged They are bringing a new
one tomorow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 6, 9:20 pm, "Ron" wrote:
On Feb 6, 10:13 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Who cares? That is why they have a warranty. The dealer will fix it or
replace it at no cost to you.

It may have been defective from the factory or damaged in transit. Call the
dealer.

I called Home Depot where I got it and they said the policy was if it
does nt work they will come and repair, now if it is damaged or
scratched or anything like that they will replace it. I asked the
lady where I should kick it so its damaged They are bringing a new
one tomorow.

There should be uncrating and installation procedures with the washer.
Maybe with the owners manual , maybe printed on the box.

Make sure you dont sign for delivery if there is any question of it
working properly.

maytag washer T Home Repair 2 November 5th 06 01:45 PM
Maytag Washer Transmission Problem??? [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 1st 06 09:57 PM
Maytag Washer Problem Questioner Home Repair 4 November 6th 05 06:59 PM
Maytag washer electrical problem [email protected] Home Repair 7 December 17th 03 10:18 PM
Maytag Washer Problem Elizabeth Home Repair 3 August 11th 03 04:32 AM