Questioner

Default Maytag Washer Problem

I have a Maytag washer that stops before the rinse cycle. It seems to
work fine up to that cycle, but it stops before the rinse. Any idea
what could be wrong?

buffalobill

try:
http://fixitnow.com/index.php

does it behave the same way in a different cycle?

Appliance Repair Aid

Questioner wrote:
I have a Maytag washer that stops before the rinse cycle. It seems to
work fine up to that cycle, but it stops before the rinse. Any idea
what could be wrong?

Hi

I have a Maytag washer

Model#? Approx age?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html

I have a Maytag washer that stops before the rinse cycle

Stops dead with no sounds? Can you get it going again by moving the
dial a little? In every cycle? Does the hot/cold and warm fills work?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Junior Member

Location: Georgia
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner
Maytag washer..... it stops before the rinse. Any idea
what could be wrong?
If it spins out the wash water, you can "cheat" by setting it to wash again, so you can rinse your duds till you get it figured out. Could be a timer problem. If it doesn't spin out the wash water, could be a pump problem, maybe as simple as clogged drain hose....or something like a nail or flimsy undergarment stuck in the pump. Good luck.... and don't forget to unplug it before you take anything apart!
Questioner

From my experimenting, it seems to be just the warm/cold cycle, normal
wash. Moving the dial a little didn't help. Tried some clothes on
cold/cold, heavy duty wash and it worked ok.

Model: Maytag Atlantis
Model # : MAV7551AWQ

Replacing Under Tub Seal on Maytag Washer [email protected] Home Repair 2 May 26th 05 12:53 PM
Maytag washer squeals Lee Home Ownership 1 January 10th 05 02:25 PM
Maytag Washer Leaking RZ Home Repair 2 September 28th 04 12:04 PM
Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears wkearney99 Home Ownership 0 November 28th 03 09:01 PM
Maytag Washer Problem Elizabeth Home Repair 3 August 11th 03 04:32 AM