Elizabeth

Default Maytag Washer Problem

We had a lightning strike yesterday, very close to the house. The power was
off 2 1/2 hours & when it came back on everything seemed to be fine. Today
I find that the washer will not fill with water on any setting - hot, warm,
or cold. It's a Maytag stackable unit, 2 years old, & the dryer works
fine. There is only the one plug for the unit so I'm sure electricity is
getting to it. The water works fine everywhere else in the house. Any idea
of what the problem could be?

EBBY

donald girod

Maybe your insurance will cover this. The electronic washer controls were
apparently fried by the lightening. You are probably going to have to get a
repairman out to look at it.

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
We had a lightning strike yesterday, very close to the house. The power

was
off 2 1/2 hours & when it came back on everything seemed to be fine.

Today
I find that the washer will not fill with water on any setting - hot,

warm,
or cold. It's a Maytag stackable unit, 2 years old, & the dryer works
fine. There is only the one plug for the unit so I'm sure electricity is
getting to it. The water works fine everywhere else in the house. Any

idea
of what the problem could be?

EBBY

jeff

"Elizabeth" wrote in message ...
We had a lightning strike yesterday, very close to the house. The power was
off 2 1/2 hours & when it came back on everything seemed to be fine. Today
I find that the washer will not fill with water on any setting - hot, warm,
or cold. It's a Maytag stackable unit, 2 years old, & the dryer works
fine. There is only the one plug for the unit so I'm sure electricity is
getting to it. The water works fine everywhere else in the house. Any idea
of what the problem could be?

EBBY

Hi,

What model# Maytag unit do you have?