Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for "paint" color to fix scratches on fiberglass tub

We have a "bone" colored fiberglass bathtub with some scratched areas
on the outside.

What type of store would sell touch-up paint/coating to repair the
(external) scratches?
(the local home centers and bathroom stores don't seem to stock this).

I am looking for a physical store (not online) so that I can go in and
see the colors accurately before purchasing.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:00:21 GMT, blueman3333 wrote:

We have a "bone" colored fiberglass bathtub with some scratched areas
on the outside.

What type of store would sell touch-up paint/coating to repair the
(external) scratches?
(the local home centers and bathroom stores don't seem to stock this).

I am looking for a physical store (not online) so that I can go in and
see the colors accurately before purchasing.

Thanks

You probably need something like this:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...archId=1260633
Go to an Ace or True Value or probably Home Depot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Karl S writes:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:00:21 GMT, blueman3333 wrote:

We have a "bone" colored fiberglass bathtub with some scratched areas
on the outside.

What type of store would sell touch-up paint/coating to repair the
(external) scratches?
(the local home centers and bathroom stores don't seem to stock this).

I am looking for a physical store (not online) so that I can go in and
see the colors accurately before purchasing.

Thanks

You probably need something like this:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...archId=1260633
Go to an Ace or True Value or probably Home Depot.

Thanks - but actually the problem is not really a "porcelain chip" so
much as trying to cover the area where the fiberglass coating has worn
off. Trick is more one of getting the right color I think which is why
I am trying to figure out what type of store would stock a wide range
of colors...
Posted to alt.home.repair

blueman wrote in
:

Karl S writes:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:00:21 GMT, blueman3333 wrote:

We have a "bone" colored fiberglass bathtub with some scratched
areas on the outside.

What type of store would sell touch-up paint/coating to repair the
(external) scratches?
(the local home centers and bathroom stores don't seem to stock
this).

I am looking for a physical store (not online) so that I can go in
and see the colors accurately before purchasing.

Thanks

You probably need something like this:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...413124&cp=1260
633&parentPage=family&searchId=1260633 Go to an Ace or True Value or
probably Home Depot.

Thanks - but actually the problem is not really a "porcelain chip" so
much as trying to cover the area where the fiberglass coating has worn
off. Trick is more one of getting the right color I think which is why
I am trying to figure out what type of store would stock a wide range
of colors...

why not just redo the entire tub? then you don't have fading/yellowing or
matching problems. I've read the urethane coatings the refinishing pros use
is the best.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik