Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag Washer won't stop wash cycle

Hi - Our Maytag washer is about 20 years old and just started to
malfunction. It won't end the wash/agitation cyce - my last load of
clothes sure got clean but we had to force it through the spin and
rinse cycles. Before we spend money on a timer - could it be
something else?
Model = A612
Laurie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 3, 11:54 am, wrote:
Hi - Our Maytag washer is about 20 years old and just started to
malfunction. It won't end the wash/agitation cyce - my last load of
clothes sure got clean but we had to force it through the spin and
rinse cycles. Before we spend money on a timer - could it be
something else?
Model = A612
Laurie

I really have no idea.

But your washer is 20 years old.

Consider replacing it.

Parts wear out.

I imagine all or most of the parts on your washer are 20 years old.

We buy used appliances at public auctions, yard sales and the like.

We never pay much for them and usually get several years of service
out of them.

And when they do break we just pitch them and buy another.

We got 9 years use from a $5.00 dryer as example.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - Our Maytag washer is about 20 years old and just started to
malfunction. It won't end the wash/agitation cyce - my last load of
clothes sure got clean but we had to force it through the spin and
rinse cycles. Before we spend money on a timer - could it be
something else?
Model = A612
Laurie

It certainly sounds like a timer. You may want to check out the
troubleshooting sections at www.applainceaid.com and www.repairclinic.com
for other ideas.

I had the same machine at about the same age. It is reaching the end of its
life so after checking the timer price, think about the cost of other
repairs that may come up too. How are the belts? Any of the hoses going to
crack soon? The timer is probably $100, belts about $25. Hard to say, you
may get another 10 years, but it may have other problems in a couple of
weeks.