Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amana washer will not run wash cycle

All of a sudden my washer quit, I noticed that the timer will advance
to rinse cycle, proceed to rinse (washes in rinse water), and finally
spin dry.

However the cycle where it is supposed to wash (wash in soap) just
advances normally without washing, until the rinse cycle kicks in, and
then everything works fine.

I am lost, could this be the timer?

This happens on any cycle, warm, hot, cold, delicate, etc.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

" writes:

All of a sudden my washer quit, I noticed that the timer will advance
to rinse cycle, proceed to rinse (washes in rinse water), and finally
spin dry.

However the cycle where it is supposed to wash (wash in soap) just
advances normally without washing, until the rinse cycle kicks in, and
then everything works fine.

I am lost, could this be the timer?

Yeah, probably if you need odds... timers are fairly frequent failure
points.

This happens on any cycle, warm, hot, cold, delicate, etc.

Is there another cycle you can use perchance? If it's broken on one
cycle/range of the timer, and okay on another that would strongly
suggest a timer problem. If th eproblem moves with the cycle, it
still may be the timer as the issue, but that opens the possibility to
other goodies too.

Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

ISE/Kitchenaid Dishwasher stuck on wash cycle lacruiser Home Repair 1 November 13th 06 01:13 AM
Amana Washer Leak Douglas Fifield Home Repair 4 December 21st 05 04:15 PM
Amana washer problem Ben Bayer Home Repair 1 September 13th 05 01:52 AM
Amana Washer Diagram Gibz Home Repair 2 July 23rd 05 11:01 PM
GE Dishwasher Drains During Wash Cycle machXS1 Home Repair 6 January 21st 05 03:16 AM