Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag Washer won't stop wash cycle

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - Our Maytag washer is about 20 years old and just started to
malfunction. It won't end the wash/agitation cyce - my last load of
clothes sure got clean but we had to force it through the spin and
rinse cycles. Before we spend money on a timer - could it be
something else?
Model = A612
Laurie

It certainly sounds like a timer. You may want to check out the
troubleshooting sections at www.applainceaid.com and www.repairclinic.com
for other ideas.

I had the same machine at about the same age. It is reaching the end of its
life so after checking the timer price, think about the cost of other
repairs that may come up too. How are the belts? Any of the hoses going to
crack soon? The timer is probably $100, belts about $25. Hard to say, you
may get another 10 years, but it may have other problems in a couple of
weeks.