Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet flange question

I will be replacing my toilet this weekend. The last time I had the
toilet off I had a terrible time with the bolts because the flange has
eroded over the years. I was told that there is a ring that fits over
the flange with a series of bolt holes so that you can attach the ring
to the flange and have new support for the bolts to attach the toilet
to. Any idea's?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"jstchilln" wrote in message
I will be replacing my toilet this weekend. The last time I had the toilet
off I had a terrible time with the bolts because the flange has eroded over
the years. I was told that there is a ring that fits over the flange with a
series of bolt holes so that you can attach the ring to the flange and have
new support for the bolts to attach the toilet to. Any idea's?

go to a plumbing supply
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51...aspx?iorb=4764
they work great

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think this link may be better for what the OP needs.

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51...ng-101690.aspx

I've seen them at ACE Hardware and I assume they are available at Home
Depot, etc.

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
t...

"jstchilln" wrote in message
I will be replacing my toilet this weekend. The last time I had the toilet
off I had a terrible time with the bolts because the flange has eroded
over the years. I was told that there is a ring that fits over the flange
with a series of bolt holes so that you can attach the ring to the flange
and have new support for the bolts to attach the toilet to. Any idea's?

go to a plumbing supply
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51...aspx?iorb=4764
they work great

Posted to alt.home.repair

"BETA-32" wrote in message
news
I think this link may be better for what the OP needs.

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51...ng-101690.aspx

I've seen them at ACE Hardware and I assume they are available at Home
Depot, etc.

That looks like a cheap piece of crap but what do I know I'm just a
plumber

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I will be replacing my toilet this weekend. The last time I had the
toilet off I had a terrible time with the bolts because the flange has
eroded over the years. I was told that there is a ring that fits over
the flange with a series of bolt holes so that you can attach the ring
to the flange and have new support for the bolts to attach the toilet
to. Any idea's?

I think a quick google search for "super closet ring" might get you
the product you are thinking about.

tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
jst jst is offline

wrote:

I will be replacing my toilet this weekend. The last time I had the
toilet off I had a terrible time with the bolts because the flange has
eroded over the years. I was told that there is a ring that fits over
the flange with a series of bolt holes so that you can attach the ring
to the flange and have new support for the bolts to attach the toilet
to. Any idea's?

I think a quick google search for "super closet ring" might get you
the product you are thinking about.

tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com

Thanks for all of your quick replies, I apologize for my late reply. I
think the suggestions from Beta-32 and Layperson Tom were what my friend
was suggesting, BUT the closet flange that Sacramento Dave suggested
looks like it would be more secure and have a better seal. I am
asssuming that the bottom rubber part stretches around the old flange
and then attaches to the top???
I'm off work today and will see what the Home Depot and Lowes has to offer.

Thanks to all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks to all.- Hide quoted text -

AFter you have the flange fixed, next use a "Fernco waxless toilet
seal". That is one improvement on how-to-do-it that was called for
years ago.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

..
Some of those have a Rubber cover for testing. Don't forget to cut it out
before you mount the water closet, it dose happen.

toilet flange Tony Pacc Home Repair 2 December 30th 06 03:46 PM
plumbing toilet flange [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 21st 06 05:37 PM
new tile and toilet flange steve Home Repair 3 March 22nd 05 11:49 AM
Toilet flange question beekay Home Repair 5 December 27th 04 11:10 PM
toilet flange too high? Tish Home Repair 3 October 3rd 04 01:22 PM