Posted to alt.home.repair

Default toilet flange

I am replacing a toilet ,the floor in bathroom has ceramic tile,the tile is
approximately 1/4" above the flange,the toilet I took out had regular wax
seal,I am going to use one those waxless rubber seal,being that the floor is
little higher is that going to be a problem,I am replacing it with Toto
toilet,which I put in the other bathroom,I used a waxless seal in there,but
floor was about even with the flange.Thanks much

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I am replacing a toilet ,the floor in bathroom has ceramic tile,the tile is
approximately 1/4" above the flange,the toilet I took out had regular wax
seal,I am going to use one those waxless rubber seal,being that the floor
is
little higher is that going to be a problem,I am replacing it with Toto
toilet,which I put in the other bathroom,I used a waxless seal in
there,but
floor was about even with the flange.Thanks much

Same aisle that has the wax and waxless rings, should have flange extenders
in various thicknesses. Common situation, not a biggy. Only gotcha to watch
out for is that the new tile floor and the extended ring, are in the same
plane. If this isn't a new floor, and you had a toilet there before, you are
probably okay. If a new floor, you may or may not need shims. Almost forgot-
if you have to use the extra-long closet bolts, test-fit them and cut to
length before you assemble it all. DAMHIKT. (and why didn't Santa bring me a
die grinder and cutoff wheels?)

aem sends...