Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car Radiator repair

I just talked to JB weld and they said its no problem that it cures to
-60f if I heard right, but will take 25-30 hrs for the cure, so I will
try it. I figure prep is the key as it usualy is.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Jan 30, 11:29 am, (m Ransley) wrote:
I just talked to JB weld and they said its no problem that it cures to
-60f if I heard right, but will take 25-30 hrs for the cure, so I will
try it. I figure prep is the key as it usualy is.

Run the vehicle to operating temperature, then shut if off and dry out
and clean the location. Then you have the temperature you need for
curing much quicker. A infrared heat lamp and some localized
shielding/insulation could help as well.

As for holding the pressure, I used a cheap 5-min epoxy from the
corner 5&10 on a radiator top head leak for an old beater pickup that
lasted for years until I sold it. The possible problem here is, as
others mentioned, the specific plastic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You could also use a 60 watt bulb in a drop light to prewarm the area and
then set it off a few inches and leave it there for the curing time.

--
Steve Barker