Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Edenpure heater

I have read all of the posts regarding this heater and have found none
to be favorable. Does anyone have anything good to say? Does the heater
save money or is it all just hype? Has Consumer Reports tested this
heater?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have read all of the posts regarding this heater and have found none
to be favorable. Does anyone have anything good to say? Does the heater
save money or is it all just hype? Has Consumer Reports tested this
heater?

TIA

It is an infrared heater. A high price infrared heater. A very high price
infrared heater. The large model allegedly covers 1000 square feet with only
5,000 Btu. That is 1465 watts of power, or typical of any electric space
heater. Heat is heat, a Btu is a Btu, no matter where they come from and
what type of heater or fuel. It takes a given amount of Btu to get your
room to a comfortable temperature. This will give off the same amount of
heat as a $30 space heater from Wal Mart.

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have read all of the posts regarding this heater and have found none
to be favorable. Does anyone have anything good to say? Does the heater
save money or is it all just hype? Has Consumer Reports tested this
heater?

TIA

It is an infrared heater. A high price infrared heater. A very high

price
infrared heater. The large model allegedly covers 1000 square feet with

only
5,000 Btu. That is 1465 watts of power, or typical of any electric space
heater. Heat is heat, a Btu is a Btu, no matter where they come from and
what type of heater or fuel. It takes a given amount of Btu to get your
room to a comfortable temperature. This will give off the same amount of
heat as a $30 space heater from Wal Mart.

But this heater gives off heat just like in "the garden of Eden". Also this
heater defies physics and it's heat doesn't rise to ceiling! Paul Harvey
said so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 24, 8:58 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in oglegroups.com...

I have read all of the posts regarding this heater and have found none
to be favorable. Does anyone have anything good to say? Does the heater
save money or is it all just hype? Has Consumer Reports tested this
heater?

TIAIt is an infrared heater. A high price infrared heater. A very high price

infrared heater. The large model allegedly covers 1000 square feet with only
5,000 Btu. That is 1465 watts of power, or typical of any electric space
heater. Heat is heat, a Btu is a Btu, no matter where they come from and
what type of heater or fuel. It takes a given amount of Btu to get your
room to a comfortable temperature. This will give off the same amount of
heat as a $30 space heater from Wal Mart.

Yep,,a standard light bulb is 100% efficient heat wise,,all the
electricity is converted to heat..What the Edenpure add does'nt tell
You is that electricity is more expensive than gas energy so You will
actually spend more than You save..I spose the filter idea is ok but
how much are replacements? Also I bought an elec heater that did'nt
last long because the fan drew air accross the heat elements instead of
pushing air accross it,,the hot air dried out the shaft and it became a
pain to oil and could'nt be trusted untended,,it would slow and trip
the breaker..
I have a $35 Lakewood that works good for the bathroom or
anywhere,,1320watt and 11amp..I think the safest space heater idea is
the oil filled radiator type,,wo'nt start a fire if a piece of clothing
lands on it,,it has lots of warm surface but none that's red hot..The
more economocal of the elec heaters do'nt have fans at all,,all the
energy is converted to heat..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Jan 2007 20:32:49 -0800, Dean wrote:

I have a $35 Lakewood that works good for the bathroom or
anywhere,,1320watt and 11amp..I think the safest space heater idea is
the oil filled radiator type,,wo'nt start a fire if a piece of clothing
lands on it,,it has lots of warm surface but none that's red hot..The
more economocal of the elec heaters do'nt have fans at all,,all the
energy is converted to heat..

The electricity that goes to the fan is eventually converted to heat, so a
heater with a fan is just as economical as one that does not have one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 25, 8:21 am, Karl S wrote:
On 24 Jan 2007 20:32:49 -0800, Dean wrote:

I have a $35 Lakewood that works good for the bathroom or
anywhere,,1320watt and 11amp..I think the safest space heater idea is
the oil filled radiator type,,wo'nt start a fire if a piece of clothing
lands on it,,it has lots of warm surface but none that's red hot..The
more economocal of the elec heaters do'nt have fans at all,,all the
energy is converted to heat..

The electricity that goes to the fan is eventually converted to heat, so a
heater with a fan is just as economical as one that does not have one.

I've heard that too,,OTOH I've heard it takes energy to cause
motion..Does the fan motor convert 100% of the elec to heat as it moves
the blades? If it does I still would think a separate fan circulating
air from high to low or vice/versa would be the better option,,I've
been wrong before tho..
Dean

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, "Dean" wrote:
I've heard that too,,OTOH I've heard it takes energy to cause
motion..Does the fan motor convert 100% of the elec to heat as it moves
the blades? If it does I still would think a separate fan circulating
air from high to low or vice/versa would be the better option,,I've
been wrong before tho..

Eventually, *all* energy winds up being converted to heat.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

danfathers had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...er-188215-.htm :
It's simple, really--when was the last time you bought a product you liked
and went online to say how much you liked it? Never. People only write
about stuff online if they are NOT satisfied. So there might be 98
satisfied customers and 2 dissatisfied customers. Those 2 will
undoubtedly post something negative.

I like mine a lot. I have two. If you find a reputable company, you'll
enjoy them as well (or get your money back). I bought mine at: a
href="http://www.edenpuresale.com"Eden Pure Heaters/a ...And no, I am
not a distributor. I live in Nashville. That company is in Denver.

-Dan

wrote:

I have read all of the posts regarding this heater and have found none
to be favorable. Does anyone have anything good to say? Does the heater
save money or is it all just hype? Has Consumer Reports tested this
heater?

TIA

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 18, 9:52*am,
(danfathers) wrote:
danfathers had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Edenpure-heater-188215-.htm*:
It's simple, really

Big duh for danfeathers! Nothing like replying to a year and a half
old post. Been out of the country or in a coma??