Posted to alt.home.repair
Dean Dean is offline

Default Edenpure heater

On Jan 24, 8:58 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in oglegroups.com...

I have read all of the posts regarding this heater and have found none
to be favorable. Does anyone have anything good to say? Does the heater
save money or is it all just hype? Has Consumer Reports tested this
heater?

TIAIt is an infrared heater. A high price infrared heater. A very high price

infrared heater. The large model allegedly covers 1000 square feet with only
5,000 Btu. That is 1465 watts of power, or typical of any electric space
heater. Heat is heat, a Btu is a Btu, no matter where they come from and
what type of heater or fuel. It takes a given amount of Btu to get your
room to a comfortable temperature. This will give off the same amount of
heat as a $30 space heater from Wal Mart.

Yep,,a standard light bulb is 100% efficient heat wise,,all the
electricity is converted to heat..What the Edenpure add does'nt tell
You is that electricity is more expensive than gas energy so You will
actually spend more than You save..I spose the filter idea is ok but
how much are replacements? Also I bought an elec heater that did'nt
last long because the fan drew air accross the heat elements instead of
pushing air accross it,,the hot air dried out the shaft and it became a
pain to oil and could'nt be trusted untended,,it would slow and trip
the breaker..
I have a $35 Lakewood that works good for the bathroom or
anywhere,,1320watt and 11amp..I think the safest space heater idea is
the oil filled radiator type,,wo'nt start a fire if a piece of clothing
lands on it,,it has lots of warm surface but none that's red hot..The
more economocal of the elec heaters do'nt have fans at all,,all the
energy is converted to heat..