Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Improvement show

I never really got into the show but the TV was on and Tim was in the
bathroom. I got a chuckle out of this scene

We are going to replace the existing galvanized plumbing. Before we do
that, we are going to have to remove this section of sheet rock. The
tool I have selected for the job is a 20 lb sledge hammer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Reminds me of all these fix it up shows and remodeling shows. It seems they
always are trying to see how small of pieces they can make the sheetrock
into. When removing a wall, they make it into microchips instead of just
sawsall'ing it into two pieces and carrying it out.

--
Steve Barker

"Terry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I never really got into the show but the TV was on and Tim was in the
bathroom. I got a chuckle out of this scene

We are going to replace the existing galvanized plumbing. Before we do
that, we are going to have to remove this section of sheet rock. The
tool I have selected for the job is a 20 lb sledge hammer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:14:10 -0600, Steve Barker wrote:

Reminds me of all these fix it up shows and remodeling shows. It seems they
always are trying to see how small of pieces they can make the sheetrock
into. When removing a wall, they make it into microchips instead of just
sawsall'ing it into two pieces and carrying it out.

Or when they remove cabinets. Instead of seeing if they unscrew them from
the walls and carry them out, they smash them apart. Then they have unscrew
the back from the wall, anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not to mention, usually there's nothing wrong with the cabinets except that
they're not yuppified and they could probably sell them to some normal
people needing cabinets.

--
Steve Barker

"Karl S" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:14:10 -0600, Steve Barker wrote:

Reminds me of all these fix it up shows and remodeling shows. It seems
they
always are trying to see how small of pieces they can make the sheetrock
into. When removing a wall, they make it into microchips instead of just
sawsall'ing it into two pieces and carrying it out.

Or when they remove cabinets. Instead of seeing if they unscrew them from
the walls and carry them out, they smash them apart. Then they have
unscrew
the back from the wall, anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Or when they remove cabinets. Instead of seeing if they unscrew them from
the walls and carry them out, they smash them apart. Then they have
unscrew
the back from the wall, anyway.

Looks like some of them don't know how to use a sledge hammer and could get
seriously hurt. Reminds me of armature fighters coming out swinging with
haymakers but couldn't hit a thing. It really doesn't take that much longer
to remove it gently in one piece so the cabinets could be reused in the
garage, shed or even donated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Come on folks! People don't watch a hockey game for the player's skating or
athletic ability but the fights. They don't watch an auto race for the
racer's driving skills but the crashes. They don't watch these home
improvement shows for the carpentry skills, but the destruction!

"# Fred #" wrote in message
Or when they remove cabinets. Instead of seeing if they unscrew them from
the walls and carry them out, they smash them apart. Then they have
unscrew
the back from the wall, anyway.

Looks like some of them don't know how to use a sledge hammer and could
get seriously hurt. Reminds me of armature fighters coming out swinging
with haymakers but couldn't hit a thing. It really doesn't take that much
longer to remove it gently in one piece so the cabinets could be reused in
the garage, shed or even donated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:56:32 -0500, Mark wrote:

Come on folks! People don't watch a hockey game for the player's skating or
athletic ability but the fights. They don't watch an auto race for the
racer's driving skills but the crashes. They don't watch these home
improvement shows for the carpentry skills, but the destruction!

Hey!!! I don't want to hear that.

Next thing you're going to tell me is people buy Playboy Magazine for the
pictures and not the articles.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Yes, I always laugh at when they hand a 98 pound woman a 10 pound sledge to
knock a small section of drywall down.

There is a Canadian reno show where the host/contractor has a simple way of
pulling drywall down without any hammer. He punches a hole in the sheet with
his fist, then grabs it at the hole and pulls the whole sheet down. So
simple to the other extreme.

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Reminds me of all these fix it up shows and remodeling shows. It seems
they always are trying to see how small of pieces they can make the
sheetrock into. When removing a wall, they make it into microchips
instead of just sawsall'ing it into two pieces and carrying it out.

--
Steve Barker

"Terry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I never really got into the show but the TV was on and Tim was in the
bathroom. I got a chuckle out of this scene

We are going to replace the existing galvanized plumbing. Before we do
that, we are going to have to remove this section of sheet rock. The
tool I have selected for the job is a 20 lb sledge hammer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

EXT wrote:
Yes, I always laugh at when they hand a 98 pound woman a 10 pound sledge to
knock a small section of drywall down.

Then you haven't seen Miriam Johnson in action! Watch Hometime recently?

There is a Canadian reno show where the host/contractor has a simple way of
pulling drywall down without any hammer. He punches a hole in the sheet with
his fist, then grabs it at the hole and pulls the whole sheet down. So
simple to the other extreme.

Speaking of which, does anyone recall a home repair show with a guy
named Craig Lowe (I could have that a little wrong...) with a really
simple opening -- I think "The Handyman Show" in cartoon.

This guy was 100% common sense, and I'd never miss an episode. If I
were going to be elsewhere, I'd tape the show. He'd handle appliances,
paint, concrete, furnaces and so forth with straightforward demonstrations.

Naturally our cable service took him off the air for some realty show.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in news:1169687614.938389.92440
@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

I never really got into the show but the TV was on and Tim was in the
bathroom. I got a chuckle out of this scene

We are going to replace the existing galvanized plumbing. Before we do
that, we are going to have to remove this section of sheet rock. The
tool I have selected for the job is a 20 lb sledge hammer.

I never got into it either. But I did catch the one where he turbo charged
the dishwasher.

FREE MONEY for your Home Improvement ShoppeStop Home Repair 4 November 9th 06 01:57 AM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 2nd 06 11:06 PM
Home Improvement: Courses or Classes? Medic2697 Home Repair 4 February 24th 06 10:26 PM
Home Improvement Forum Home Repair 0 November 11th 05 09:55 AM
home improvement dilemma brugnospamsia UK diy 23 July 31st 05 09:12 PM