Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Anyone know anything about Toyo ductless A/C systems?

Apparently these are Chinese-made systems. They are available on ebay
(there are also a few other brands sold there, also Chinese made) and
on several websites at lower prices than pretty much all other split
systems; additionally, their SEER numbers are good and they appear to
be the only company producing a 7000 BTU model, which is really what I
need.

This appears to be the importer's website:

http://us-china-international.com/en...er/SplitAC.htm

The company is not affiliated with Toyo Tires.

Any info, please post in the newsgroups.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

I had one of these in a hotel room where I stayed in China a few years
ago. They are really neat. Good heating and cooling from the unit, and
they have a remote control. You can even program a universal "learning"
remote to control it too. Just remember that you have to run the lines
from outside (at the compressor) to the unit in the room. This means a
big hole in the wall (or floor). Typically, the unit needs to be close
to the compressor also.

I don't know about this brand, though. The ones in our rooms were Haier
models. In genera, these are great for single room systems.

Doug

Steve wrote:
Apparently these are Chinese-made systems. They are available on ebay
(there are also a few other brands sold there, also Chinese made) and
on several websites at lower prices than pretty much all other split
systems; additionally, their SEER numbers are good and they appear to
be the only company producing a 7000 BTU model, which is really what I
need.

This appears to be the importer's website:

http://us-china-international.com/en...er/SplitAC.htm

The company is not affiliated with Toyo Tires.

Any info, please post in the newsgroups.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Steve, Hairball600 wrote:
swechsler wrote:

Apparently these are Chinese-made systems. They are available on ebay
(there are also a few other brands sold there, also Chinese made) and
on several websites at lower prices than pretty much all other split
systems; additionally, their SEER numbers are good and they appear to
be the only company producing a 7000 BTU model, which is really what I
need.
This appears to be the importer's website:
http://us-china-international.com/en...er/SplitAC.htm
The company is not affiliated with Toyo Tires.
Any info, please post in the newsgroups.
Thanks,
Steve

I bought one from us china and they are subpar, these people will cheat
you, I got a unit that was dented and they kept hanging up on me and I
emailed everyone that was listed on the site and not one responce. if they
were here in Texas instead of up north I would have them in a small claims
court for the max allowed money. do not buy from these people, they will
cheat you...

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ms-186367-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

swechsler wrote:

[...]

Hmmm,
I had good luck with Mitsubishi and LG inits at the rental condo units.
You get what you pay for, always true.

Posted to alt.home.repair

swechsler wrote:

[...]

Do you know you are replying to a message posted January 18, 2007 in the
homeownershub site?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY