Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Anyone know anything about Toyo ductless A/C systems?

Thanks for the response. I am familiar with the type of unit; I am more
concerned about getting feedback about this brand.

Steve

Doug wrote:
I had one of these in a hotel room where I stayed in China a few years
ago. They are really neat. Good heating and cooling from the unit, and
they have a remote control. You can even program a universal "learning"
remote to control it too. Just remember that you have to run the lines
from outside (at the compressor) to the unit in the room. This means a
big hole in the wall (or floor). Typically, the unit needs to be close
to the compressor also.

I don't know about this brand, though. The ones in our rooms were Haier
models. In genera, these are great for single room systems.

Doug

Steve wrote:
Apparently these are Chinese-made systems. They are available on ebay
(there are also a few other brands sold there, also Chinese made) and
on several websites at lower prices than pretty much all other split
systems; additionally, their SEER numbers are good and they appear to
be the only company producing a 7000 BTU model, which is really what I
need.

This appears to be the importer's website:

http://us-china-international.com/en...er/SplitAC.htm

The company is not affiliated with Toyo Tires.

Any info, please post in the newsgroups.

Thanks,

Steve