Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Waterproof my basement

I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Posted to alt.home.repair

lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Sorry, but you are not going to stop water coming in from the inside.
You have to go outside and keep the water out in the first place.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 17 Jan 2007 15:36:55 -0800, "lrbtav" wrote:

I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Before asking, might want to fill us in on some information.

1. Have you taken all steps to preven water entering your basement
from outside?

2. How is the water entering the basement?

3. Do you have a sump?

Etc,etc,etc....

tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/basements.htm

lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Posted to alt.home.repair

lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Shovel, LOTS of gravel and plastic pipe are a good start.

Posted to alt.home.repair

lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

That stuff will stop water. When I paint, over time the pressure will
cause the paint to bulge out. I don't think there is any stopping it.
The rubber coating should do the same thing. A thick epoxy will
probably last the longest. Before a coating is put on, it must be clean
and dry.

gs

Posted to alt.home.repair

zekor wrote:
lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

first you MUST redirect water from around the foundation by regrading
and LONG downspout lines away from home. keep gutters clean and drains
open.

then move indoors with a sump and perimeter drain system, pump sump
water well away from home and the perimeter drain must drain all wall
block cavities.

the last thing to do is paint the walls with waterproof paint.

I have been thru all of this

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Sorry, but you are not going to stop water coming in from the inside.
You have to go outside and keep the water out in the first place.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Please let me say "amen" to Joseph's statement. BTDT.

Note that sometimes the regional water-table can change also, and
there's precious little you can do about that, but man the pumps.

John

Is grout waterproof ? dadiOH Home Repair 0 July 9th 06 05:53 PM
Finishing Basement - best way to DIY waterproof Woodchuck34 Home Repair 16 May 19th 06 04:20 AM
waterproof lumber J R Woodworking 18 March 13th 06 12:04 PM
waterproof plaster [email protected] UK diy 1 November 20th 05 06:45 PM
Waterproof styrofoam, again toller Home Repair 1 June 24th 05 03:24 AM