DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Waterproof my basement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/189524-waterproof-my-basement.html)

lrbtav January 17th 07 11:36 PM

Waterproof my basement

I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Joseph Meehan January 18th 07 01:31 AM

Waterproof my basement

lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Sorry, but you are not going to stop water coming in from the inside.
You have to go outside and keep the water out in the first place.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Tom The Great January 18th 07 04:58 AM

Waterproof my basement

On 17 Jan 2007 15:36:55 -0800, "lrbtav" wrote:

I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Before asking, might want to fill us in on some information.

1. Have you taken all steps to preven water entering your basement
from outside?

2. How is the water entering the basement?

3. Do you have a sump?

Etc,etc,etc....

tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com

buffalobill January 18th 07 10:08 AM

Waterproof my basement

http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/basements.htm

RayV January 18th 07 01:48 PM

Waterproof my basement

lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Shovel, LOTS of gravel and plastic pipe are a good start.

zekor January 18th 07 01:57 PM

Waterproof my basement

lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

That stuff will stop water. When I paint, over time the pressure will
cause the paint to bulge out. I don't think there is any stopping it.
The rubber coating should do the same thing. A thick epoxy will
probably last the longest. Before a coating is put on, it must be clean
and dry.

gs

[email protected] January 18th 07 02:14 PM

Waterproof my basement

zekor wrote:
lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

first you MUST redirect water from around the foundation by regrading
and LONG downspout lines away from home. keep gutters clean and drains
open.

then move indoors with a sump and perimeter drain system, pump sump
water well away from home and the perimeter drain must drain all wall
block cavities.

the last thing to do is paint the walls with waterproof paint.

I have been thru all of this:(

[email protected] January 19th 07 12:51 AM

Waterproof my basement

Joseph Meehan wrote:
lrbtav wrote:
I am looking into a diy basement waterproofing solution for my home. I
found via google that both tufflex and sanitred have a similar line of
product -- anyone have experience with either of these companies?

Sorry, but you are not going to stop water coming in from the inside.
You have to go outside and keep the water out in the first place.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Please let me say "amen" to Joseph's statement. BTDT.

Note that sometimes the regional water-table can change also, and
there's precious little you can do about that, but man the pumps.

John